Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Thursday, 30 December, 2004

For people in PUNE who wish to make a contribution

There are 2 kinds of contributions:
1] Monetary :- Please do not get confused by the list of options available. Focus on the fact that your intended beneficiaries must receive it when they need it most.
Listed below are trusted and the best funds:
a-'The Prime Minister's National Relief Fund' is a very effective place to send your donations to. It is not a political fund but our national fund, so go ahead and contribute.
A Demand Draft from any nationalised bank like State Bank of India, Central Bank of India etc. can be made free of DD charges and sent across with your full name and address to:
The PM's National Relief Fund, Prime Minister's Office, South Block,New Delhi 110001. Some people have reported finding it difficult to pay directly through credit card hence, sending a DD is the best way.
b- DD in the name of 'Indian Red Cross Society,New Delhi'and the DD should be sent to The Indian Red Cross Society, 1 Red Cross Road, New Delhi 110001
c- Online (credit card)contributions to AID-India through directly their website: www.aidindia.org

2] In Kind :- Please do not send anything & everything. Dry food tins, baby food tins, blankets, unused clothes, medicines like painkillers and paracetamols, bandages etc.(within expiry period) are needed. Neat packets / cardboard boxes properly labelled and marked 'Tsunami Relief Aid' can be dropped at the Pune Red Cross office on M.G.Road (opp.Central Bank of India) Pune 411001.
For any details, please contact me at Pune no.9822004752 OR vmoorthy@rediffmail.com
Your DD's properly made out in the name of any Relief Fund (with your name & address) and / or material donations can also be sent to me at: Ms. Vijaya Moorthy, 3 Silver Classic Apartments, S.R.P.F.Road, Wanowrie, Pune - 411 040. The necessary coordination onwards will be done.

0 Comments Post a Comment