Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Tuesday 28 December, 2004

english thai relief

these people have set up a relief operation

from chiang mai, they are not an official charity they say that no administrative expenses will be charged and all donations devolved towards emergencies

http://donation.chiangmaisolutions.org

check it out
7 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

We are an American family stationed in Korea. We would like to go to Phuket and help in the relief efforts. Does anyone know of a group that we could plug in to for a few weeks dedicated to the helping out?
Tina_juliano@hotmail.com

Tue Dec 28, 07:31:00 pm IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Available to help for an indefinite period from end of January onward. Extensive construction experience, but multi skilled and willing to do whatever is needed. I had intended to be in Thailand anyway and can self fund. Previous experience in Thailand and can speak some Thai. Contact Dan:- da-vigo@inbox.lv

Thu Dec 30, 02:19:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi i'm currently in England but I'd like to go to Thailand to help in anything I could. I speak spanish and English, and I've been to Thailand two months ago.

Thu Dec 30, 10:01:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

....and here is my e-mail is daria_162@hotmail.com
I could travel from england to thailand ASAP
Jazmin

Thu Dec 30, 10:03:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello,

I wish to travel to Thailand or India to help out. It would be just me coming. But, if you consider allowing me to stay in your home you can see all about me, my family, my life at: www.bartclark.net

I am an American Occupational Therapist who owns a successful medical staffing company, so I will pay my own way and pay for someone to allow me to sleep on the floor and feed me enough to keep me going.

I can assist various medical procedures, organize, oversee projects, or pull the dead out of the swamps, dig ditches, I don't care. If it needs done I can do it.


I cannot stay here and just send money....that I'll do...but I wish to come and HELP!

Please contact me if you - or someone you know of, would assist me in a place to stay and help me connect with a meaningful way to help once I get there.

bartclark@mac.com

817 917 4471

Thu Dec 30, 11:47:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am in bangkok until the 10th. Is volunteer help needed in Phuket or are they working only with agencies. Of course I will pay my own way down and contribute whatever funds I can. E-mail me at Lgithdive@hotmail.com

Thu Dec 30, 05:53:00 pm IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

We want to thank you for generously offering your time and assistance to aid the tsunami victims. Right now, we have an army of volunteers from within the embassy community handling all the specific needs we know of for American citizens. After receiving all your calls and emails and knowing how important everyone's help is in a time like this, we called around to find some general phone numbers in Thailand you can call to offer your help.

Royal Thai Airforce, located at Don Muang airport needs help packing. You have to take Pahonyothin Rd, across from Pumipol hospital - if you take the overpass you will pass the turn. The number is 02-534-4495. You will need to ask for someone who speaks English if you don't know Thai.

This number was given to us by TV9. The man speaks English and said he is willing to accept help from all who offer it. 09-891-6733.

Though I'm sure there's a need, we haven't been able to find a number for special expertises such as counseling. It has been suggested that the Red Cross and Public Health Department may be able to help more. The number for the Public Health is 02-590-1000.

Also: Humanitarian Assistance information at the Dept of State web site is at http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tsunami/tsunami_2016.html

Thank you again for your generous offer. It's very much appreciated.

Sat Jan 01, 05:29:00 am IST