Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Friday 28 January, 2005

To our readers

It's a month, almost to the hour, since this blog started posting, and we've been overwhelmed by the response from you, our readers, from the aid organisations we have been trying to help, and the support from the blog world and the press.

It reassures us that we have, in our small way, been able to help. Yet we also know there's a lot more that needs to be done.

We're also dealing with the fact that much as we want to help, we do have families and careers we've put aside, things we have responsibilities towards, lives of our own to live.

To help us focus our energies better in the more limited time we all have to give to this effort, we'd like to ask you what we can continue to give you, how we can keep helping, what kind of information you want.

Please use the comments section of this post to tell us.

(And if i may put in a small personal note to the team: it's been an honour to work with all of you on this. The experience has changed my life in so many ways, touched me in places i thought were long dead. Thank you.
Love and respect,
peter)
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blogger Suki said :

Peter - This blog is a shining example of how everyday people CAN make a HUGE difference when they work together. You will never know the full ripple effect of your efforts -the money that was raised, the posting that motivated someone to start a project, to volunteer, to donate...the people you helped reunite, the child whose school was rebuilt because someone saw a posting here. I have to tell you it motivated me with our site. So continue the good work...Post the appeals, the news, the situation reports. Our best role as virtual relief workers I think is to build bridges between needs and wants, and that is exactly what you are doing.

Sukanti Iyne-Husain

Sat Jan 29, 08:48:00 pm IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a youth basketball coach and we have a lot of old uniforms (shorts, jerseys, t-shirts, etc.) that we are looking to donate. Would these items be helpful to anyone SE Asia, or should I look to donate them to inner-city kids here in the States? If they would be helpful in SE Asia, where could I get more info on how to donate and to who? (As a side note, I was in Thailand during the Tsunami. My family was in Krabi (near Phuket) for the first few days of our trip but went up North on Sunday to attend Church. We feel very blessed.)

Tue Feb 08, 12:52:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I work at a school in a small town in England and I feel helpless as to how I can help. I don't want the children to get upset by continually focussing on the tragedy but I also know that they would love to do something. Can you advise me?

Thu Oct 13, 12:28:00 pm IST