Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Wednesday 29 December, 2004

READERS COMMENTS

Please tell us what did you find useful about this website, and what could we do to improve it?
This site is for you. Please help us serve you better.
10 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello: I greatly appreciate your hard work in getting this web site together especially for the biggest catastrophe in the history of the Earth. Would it be possible for people to make CREDIT CARD contributions? I want to make sure funds reach the victims ASAP instead of waiting for regular post/mail to reach them. Please advise and incorporate if possible.

Thanks,
Shiv Akumala

Wed Dec 29, 12:12:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello: I greatly appreciate your hard work in getting this web site together especially for the biggest catastrophe in the history of the Earth. Would it be possible for people to make CREDIT CARD contributions? I want to make sure funds reach the victims ASAP instead of waiting for regular post/mail to reach them. Please advise and incorporate if possible.

Thanks,
Shiv Akumala

Wed Dec 29, 12:12:00 am IST  
Blogger Vishal said :

Hi Shiv,

There is no provision on the blogger to make a credit card contribution. But NGOs like Asha, AID etc have such a provision.

For Asha - https://www.ashanet.org/donate/tsunami-relief-donation.php

For AID - http://survivors.aidindia.org

Thanks
Vishal

Wed Dec 29, 12:20:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

the link from http://desimediabitch.blogspot.com/ is mis-typed.

blogpsot instead of blogspot

it send the viewer to a bible site.

thank you for your efforts on this site.

Wed Dec 29, 12:23:00 am IST  
Blogger Atheistbishop said :

Shiv,
As Vishal said, you cant make contributions to the bloggers but you can make contributions by Credit Card to the Prime Minister's relief Fund.
On tsunamihelp.blogspot.com you will find other NGO's which accept payment by credit card.

We are happy that you want to help!

http://pmindia.nic.in/formpmnrf.htm

Wed Dec 29, 12:30:00 am IST  
Blogger Zaphod Beeblebrox said :

I read that no official aid is reaching some badly hit main-land areas in Tamil Nadu for several reasons. Does anyone know any voluntary organizations have yet reached the affected areas in that region? I would like to contribute to those.

Wed Dec 29, 01:23:00 am IST  
Blogger Ritesh said :

Hi all,

The work is really appreciated beyond doubt. Can you change the template somehow such that the Donation links/posts are always on the top??? I think adding the links/posts 1 line after this lines should help -
It will be useful as your site must be really popular now and most of the people visiting your site must be coming to look for donation options. Why not give them what they want on the top of the page??

-Ritesh

Wed Dec 29, 03:02:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

The blog has wealth of information and I am very grateful! However, I would like information on what organizations actually need people to come to help on the ground. I have unlimited time on my hands and would fly immediately if I knew where to go. I have considered just going anyway and figuring it out when I get there although I'm not sure that would be wise. Could you post something specific to that? Thanks.

Wed Dec 29, 03:22:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, this is arun from Chennai/Tamilnadu. Words can't express what this site is doing right now. I am trying to compile a help file with list of useful informations (related to donations) listed here and other places in net ... I am doing this so that I can send to my friends circle and request them to donate ... please let me whether I could post anywhere else .... my mail id is arun.prasad@patni.com

Wed Dec 29, 11:19:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I wish that someone could find a way to consolidate all the info and the web-sites that are listing/posting requests to find missing people. There are so many listings to look through and the name doesn't always appear first. I sense that someone w/ organizational abilities and computer knowledge could do what even the State Dept. seems unable to do!
Missing Californian, Beverly Engel, believed to be in Thailand, possibly Phuket. No word to friends as of Jan. 5th. Contact: cg@thegrid.net

Thu Jan 06, 04:07:00 am IST