How charities spend?
Check the financial statements of the major aid organizations and you'll discover the majority of funds donated go towards projects. For instance, according to the 2003/2004 annual reports of some of the country's top charities:
- Oxfam Canada spends 77 per cent of its revenues on programs.
- The Canadian Red Cross allocates almost 90 per cent of revenues towards services.
- In Care Canada's case, it's 95 per cent.
- For Doctors Without Borders, it's about 75 per cent.
- For Canadian Food for the Hungry International, it's 97 per cent.
External Links: Canadian Revenue Agency: charities directorate