Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Saturday 8 January, 2005

Sri Lanka: Health risks rise as aid fails to arrive

Between the toilets and kitchens of a refugee camp set up in the grounds and rooms of Mahmud Ladies College, seven-month-old Fatima is wailing in the arms of her grandmother. Thin and frail, the baby has survived the waves that pounded her beachside home almost two weeks ago only to find herself threatened by another killer: diarrhoea.

Although medicine is getting through, food supplies are erratic and Fatima is still losing weight. "Since the illness came, she is getting thinner. I do not know what to do," says Meera staring down at her daughter's baby.

Read the Full Article on The Guardian

2 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I have heard a lot about the tsunami. Me and my cousin really want to help. We have fought of an idea, but my mum had said we need a license or something. First we want to get more details on how to send the money over. If you can help me, please contact me on my e-mail address:minty__2003@hotmail.com

Sat Jan 08, 05:10:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Jan 08, 06:24:00 am IST