Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Sunday 2 January, 2005

Sri Lanka: More Volunteers Needed

Any unaffiliated volunteers arriving in Sri Lanka can get in touch with Bee or Paul at the volunteer helpdesk. They're running a Volunteer help desk and are helping volunteers who arrive in the island to ensure that their support goes in the right direction. The help desk is also run by volunteers, not an organisation.

The phone number is + 94 112 394 343. If you're dialling from anywhere in Sri Lanka outside Colombo or from a mobile phone then it's 0112 394 343. If you're dialling from Colombo it's 2 394 343.

IMPORTANT: All volunteers must be protected against Typhoid, Hepatitis A and B, and Malaria. Missions to the camps will last 6 weeks and all volunteers should be able to dedicate that much time. Much help is needed.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Clare Brown. I am a trained manager with first aid skills and currently work as a student welfare officer. If I can help in any way, councilling, building, clearing etc. please contact me at clarebrown@aol.com as I feel totally useless sitting in England and realy want to help.
Thanks

Mon Jan 03, 02:40:00 am IST  
Blogger Angelo Embuldeniya said :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Jan 03, 10:08:00 am IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi!

I will be arriving in Colombo within two days. I am trying your number from India but it is difficult to reach.

Will I get an opportunity to work in the EAST (I prefer east as I had been there more than 10 times and know all the areas from Batticaloa to Ampara). Please email me reshsurp@yahoo.com

Suresh

Mon Jan 03, 03:48:00 pm IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi I currently teach english in the middle east and have handed in my notice as I want to return to Sri lanka to volunteer, will be available as of end of January. I have basic first aid skills for children and have volunteered before. Please contact me at katieindubai@hotmail.com

Wed Jan 05, 06:42:00 pm IST  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi Im Murtaza Hussain and im a Srilankan.I would be happy to help out as a volunteer with the relief work. I want to help my fellow country men. I have done community services before. I am capable of teaching or helping in recontruction as i have some experiece. I want to be be with the people who need a shoulder to lean on and i want to someday bring a smile on faces of my Tsunami striken country men. I live in Sri Lanka. So please enroll me into any volunteer work.

If im need my email address is flick_rock17@yahoo.com. Thank you...

Fri Jan 28, 08:09:00 pm IST