UNICEF launches $144.5 million appeal
The flash appeal, part of a larger UN appeal issued Thursday in Jakarta, will address immediate and emerging needs, and will include:
- Emergency immunization to prevent fatal childhood diseases
- Supply of clean, safe water and provision of basic sanitation
- Special feeding for malnourished children and pregnant women
- Care for traumatized children
- Protection for orphans and separated children
- Provision of education kits, rehabilitation of schools to ensure return of children to school as soon as possible.